This is the main chapel used by the University of Aberdeen. It is dedicated to the Trinity and the Blessed Virgin Mary in her Nativity. Construction began in 1498 and ended with the consecration of the building in 1509. The most notable architectural feature of the Chapel is it’s Crown Tower which has become an icon of the University as a whole.
The name of the chapel is particularly linked to it’s benefactor, King James IV of Scotland. Of particular note are the rood screen and choir stalls within the chapel which date back to 1509. This forms the most complete medieval church interior in Scotland. Since 1928, the antechapel has been used as the University’s war memorial.