The East Parade Church, which is located on Mahatma Gandhi Road, was consecrated in 1865. It is part of the Karnataka Central Diocese of the Church of South India. It serves the local Tamil and Malayalam population.
The church began as the Wesleyan Mission Chapel by Wesleyan believers of the Madras Army. It’s name comes from being located East of the Parade Grounds of the Madras Engineers Group regiment. The foundation stone for the current building was laid on 6th October, 1863 and the building was finished two years later. It was built in the Classical Corinthian style. It is known as the Wesleyan Cathedral of Bangalore.
There are 8 Greek Ionic Order columns at the entrance of the church however, there are no columns or pillars inside. These leads to an unobstructed view of the main altar. The church can accommodate up to 700 people.