Chrám svaté Barbory
This is a Roman Catholic church in Kutná Hora in the style of a cathedral. It is dedicated to St. Barbara who is the patron saint of miners (amongst others), which is quite appropriate for a town whose wealth was based entirely on it’s silver mines.
Construction began in 1388 but due to numerous interruptions, it was not finally complete until 1905. The original design was for a much larger church, but this depended on the prosperity of the town’s silver mines which became less productive. Sometime after 1588, the Jesuits occupied the church and gradually changed the style from Gothic to Baroque but there are still some areas in the Gothic style.