Cathedral of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception
This cathedral is the mother church of the Catholic Diocese of the Seychelles. It was built on the site of Father Leon of Avanchers’ vault in 1892. It is one of the Seychelles earliest churches and underwent a major refurbishment from 1993-95.
The cathedral is built in the French Colonial style. The tabernacle and intricately carved doors were installed as part of the refurbishment and were designed by Seychellois sculptor Egbert Marday. Located near the cathedral in the well maintained garden is the two store priest house, La Domus which dates from 1934.