St. John the Evangelist, Aberdeen

St. John’s is a Scottish Episcopal Church located just off Crown Street in Aberdeen. The church was built between 1849-51 to the designs of Messrs. Matthew and Mackenzie. It was built in the early Decorated style prevalent in the 14th century. The building was consecrated by the Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church, Bishop William…

King’s College Chapel, Aberdeen

This is the main chapel used by the University of Aberdeen. It is dedicated to the Trinity and the Blessed Virgin Mary in her Nativity. Construction began in 1498 and ended with the consecration of the building in 1509. The most notable architectural feature of the Chapel is it’s Crown Tower which has become an…