Cathedral of St. Mary the Virgin
This is the mother church of the Diocese of West Malaysia in the Anglican Church of the Province of South East Asia. It is the Episcopal see of the Anglican Bishop of South East Asia.
The original church was dedicated to the Virgin Mary and consecrated on 13th February, 1887. It was located on the hill known as Bukit Aman. In 1893, it was decided to erect a new building to house the growing congregation, and a new site was found near to what is now Merdeka Square beside the Selangor Club.
The new building was designed by the government architect, A.C.A. Norman in the Early English Gothic style. The foundation stone was laid on 3rd February, 1894 and consecrated a year later on the 9th February, 1895. The back of the main sanctuary was extended in 1958 to accommodate a hall called the Jubilee Hall.