Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Brompton Oratory, is home to the Congregation of the Oratory of St Philip Neri in London, a community of priests living under the rule of life established by its founder in the sixteenth century. The Oratory also serves as a parish church in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Westminster
The building is in the Italian Baroque style to the design of Herbert Gribble. He won a competition to design the building at the age of 29 in 1876. The foundation stone was laid in June 1880 and the new church consecrated on 16th April, 1884. At the time, it was the largest Catholic church in London until Westminster Cathedral was built in 1903.
The church is linked closely to the London Oratory School nearby. The schools annual patronal festival to St. Philip Neri is celebrated at the Oratory.